- Boyd-Franklin, N. (1989). Black families in therapy: A multisystems approach. New York: Guilford Press.
- Elizur, J. & Minuchin, S. (1989). Institutionalizing madness. New York: Basic.
- Fishman, H. C. (1988). Treating troubled adolescents: A family therapy approach. New York: Basic.
- Fishman, H.C. (1993). Intensive structural therapy: Treating families in their social context. New York: Basic.
- Fishman, H.C. (2003). Enduring change in eating disorders: Interventions with long-term results. New York: Brunner-Routledge.
- Fishman, H.C. (2022) Performance Based Family Therapy A Therapist’s Guide to Measurable Change
- Lee, W. Y. (2004a). 家庭舞蹈系列 (Dancing with the family: Case studies – five volumes). Crown Publishing (H.K.) Ltd. 皇冠叢書.
- Lee, W. Y. (2004b). 家庭舞蹈系列( Dancing with the family: Case studies – four volumes). Taiwan: Living Psychology Publishers.
- Lee, W. Y. (2004c).家庭:無形之塔; 婚姻:多人之舞 (Family stories -two volumes) . Beijing: Peking Publisher.
- Lee, W. Y. (2010). 為家庭療傷 (To Cure a Family). Tai Yuan: Hope Publishing House.
- Minuchin, S. , Montalvo, B. Guerney, B. G., Rosman, B.L., & Schumer, F. (1967). Families of the slums. New York: Basic.
- Minuchin, S. (1974). Families & family therapy. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Minuchin, S. Rosman, B.L. & Baker, L. (1978). Psychosomatic families” Anorexia Nervosa in context. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Minuchin, S. & Fishman, H.C. (1981). Family therapy techniques. Cambridge, MA.: Harvard University Press.
- Minuchin, S. (1984). Family kaleidoscope. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Minuchin, S. & Nichols, M.P. (1993). Family healing: Tales of hope and renewal from family therapy. New York: Free Press.
- Minuchin, P. Colapinto, J., and Minuchin, S. Working with Families of the Poor. (1998; 2nd. ed. 2007) New York: Guilford.
- Minuchin, S., Lee, W.Y., and Simon, G.M. (2006) Mastering Family Therapy: Journeys of Growth and Transformation (2nd. edition). New York: Wiley.
- Minuchin, S., Nichols, M., & Lee, W.Y. (2007). Assessing families and couples: From symptom to system. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Minuchin, S., Reiter, M., and Borda, C. (2013) The Craft of Family Therapy: Challenging Certainties. New York: Routledge.
- Simon, G. M. (2003). Beyond technique in family therapy: Finding your therapeutic voice.Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Articles and Book Chapters
Episode 65: Jay Lappin and Jorge Colapinto
The AAMFT Podcast
Jay Lappin trained in the relational architecture of Structural Family Therapy with Dr. Salvador Minuchin. He currently maintains a private practice, teaches at Drexel and the University of Pennsylvania, leads workshops and work as an independent consultant. Jorge Colapinto has written and lectured both nationally and internationally on structural family therapy and currently teaches at the Drexel University’s Marriage and Family Program. Jay and Jorge sit down with Eli to remember the legendary Dr. Sal Minuchin and discuss Structural Family Therapy. They discuss the importance of working “outside to inside” from context to individual, Structural Family Therapy as a way of being rather than just a set of techniques, and the importance of adaptability to changing times.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-aamft-podcast/id1450828084?i=1000542455259